The York Herald in September 1847 mentions that the first exhibition of the “Green Hammerton Gardeners, Amateurs, and Cottagers Horticultural and Floral Society” was held in a field in the occupation of Mrs Buck of Green Hammerton on the 5th September 1847 in a marquee borrowed from the Harrogate Floral Society. Mrs Buck at this time ran the Blacksmiths Arms which is now the Village Club.To read more on the history of the GH Horticultural club please click on the link below.

Green Hammerton Horticultural Society