Green Hammerton Village Club is located on Boroughbridge Road – opposite the top of the Green.
Membership is £15 per annum.
The club offers a great selection of cask and smooth flow beers, lagers and ciders.
Pool, darts and dominoes and free WiFi are also available at the village club.
A separate function room can be hired (free to members unless out of normal hours) for private parties or events.
Quizzes are held on the 1st & 3rd Fridays of the month and the last Friday of the month is Country & Western Night.
Click on the link below to view the first edition of the village club newsletter.01423 330572 or visit the their new web page.
On the 9th November 2013 local Covers band “This Way Up” played at the Village Club. The You Tube clip below is their last track of the evening.
Village Club Early History
The Brewster records from the 4th September 1771 show three Ale Houses in Green Hammerton with William Buck as one of the three innkeepers recorded.
At this time the name of the establishment was not noted in the records, but knowing the association of the Buck family with the club premises, it is almost certain that it was operating as an Inn prior to this date.
The 1773, 1777, 1778, 1779, 1781 and 1803 Brewster records, which are currently available to view at The West Yorkshire Archives, also show William Buck as landlord, paying an annual fee of £10, and backed by a surety, who also had to guarantee the sum of £10.
Click on the link below to view the rest of the Village Club History.