The Brewster records from the 4th September 1771 show three Ale Houses in Green Hammerton with William Buck as one of the three innkeepers recorded.
At this time the name of the establishment was not noted in the records, but knowing the association of the Buck family with the club premises, it is almost certain that it was operating as an Inn prior to this date.
The 1773, 1777, 1778, 1779, 1781 and 1803 Brewster records, which are currently available to view at The West Yorkshire Archives, also show William Buck as landlord, paying an annual fee of £10, and backed by a surety, who also had to guarantee the sum of £10.

Click on the link below to view the rest of the Village Club History.

History of the Village Club 7th December 2017

Social Club